In addition, Don Dodge, Developer Advocate at Google, spec-ed out the transfer of your Facebook friends to Google +, if you’d like to go ahead and experiment another social network. I, personally, won’t just do it, yet… there many bugs and privacy issues in Google +, still; I’ll wait.
“…So, when you move your friends from Facebook to Google+, give some thought to how you want to organize them into separate circles.
The Transfer Process - Facebook has intentionally made it difficult for you to manage your friends list or move them anywhere else. There are several third party tools to help you do this and they all work in about the same way. Facebook is also actively shutting down or blocking these tools so you may want to do this sooner rather than later. Here is how it works;
- Set up a Yahoo email account if you don’t already have one. It only takes a minute. Unfortunately, you can’t use Gmail because Facebook has blocked it.
- Sign into your Yahoo mail account using Facebook.
- Go to email, click Tools, select Import from Facebook. You may need to try this several times for it to complete.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Export to CSV file. Give the file a name and save it to your desktop.
- Open Gmail and click Contacts, More Actions, Import. Browse to the CSV file you just imported.
- Give the New Group a name like “Facebook Friends” and begin the Import
- Go to Google+ Circles. Your imported Facebook Friends will show up under “Find & Invite”.
- Add these friends to the Circles that make sense to you. You can also create new circles and invite them into those circles.”